Chapter 5. Goods & Service Tax (GST) Procedure in India
There are certain procedures, to follow to get registered under GST:-
Firstly, who is liable to register under GST?
Every person, whose gross annual turnover exceeds Rs 9 Lakhs, can get registered under GST and who render goods and services. Following persons shall apply:-
– Any dealer, suppliers, traders
– Any service provider like: content writer, SEO, etc.
– Private limited, Individual, Partnership firms/or businesses, trust.
Registration procedures under GST:
The major features of the proposed registration procedures under GST are as follows:
– For existing dealers: those who are taxpayers for VAT/ Central, Excise/ Service tax need not to apply for fresh registration.
– For New Dealers: they have to fill single application form online to get registered under GST
Steps to follow to get registered under GST:–
Firstly, applicant must have the limit, so that they can get registered and they need to upload scanned copy of documents required as they will be mention on common GST portal in near future.
Secondly, after submitting all the necessary documents, on registered mobile number and email address they will get a message or email for confirmation.
Thirdly, once confirmation is done, authorized applicants will Acknowledgment Number.
Fourthly, IT system of Centre and State will carry out verification of documents and details submitted to portal.
Lastly, after all verification and application is approved, authorized applicant with GSTIN code along with login id and password, which will be of 15 digits.
Return Filing Procedures under GST:
There are total 8 forms provided for filing GST returns, irrespective of their business. Filings of returns will be online and all taxes can also be paid online. Draft for return purpose is as follows:-
- GSTR-1 (Sales Register):- all the transaction (good/ services) related to sale.
- GSTR–2(Purchase Register):- purchase of goods/ or services transaction.
- GSTR-3(Monthly Return Form)
- GSTR-4(Quarterly Return for Compounding Dealer)
- GSTR-5(Return file by the Non- Resident)
- GSTR-6 (Return for Input Service Distributor)
- GSTR-7 (TDS Return)
- GSTR-8 (Annual Return)
Payment Procedure under GST:
GST tax payment can be done electronic, which can reduce less paperwork. At single point, GSTN challan is generated. Payment mode can be either through online banking, Credit cards, Debit cards, NEFT/ RTGS or through cash or cheque deposited in Bank.